Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Retro Teak Lamp


A worthwhile trip to the oppy, just because I love these old teak lamps, this one does it for me cause I like the tree shape - not sure what the ball thingy is meant to be - but kinda suits the style.

The lady in the Op Shop said to me 'you love this stuff don't you?' Her tone was sort of accidentally judgmental, you know that polite/rude Mother-In-Law tone? Anyway I gave her the short answer (the same answer I give my MIL) 'yup - love it, see you next week'...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Am loving the ball thingy, makes it for me. Now you need a very special lampshade.

Dudley Redhead said...

I totally love that lamp base too..!
thanks for visiting me..

Morag said...

Loving that lamp too Claire. I have a thing for teak. Why don't I ever find anything like that?!

Betty Jo said...

A an excellent oppy find! There are a lot of cool lamp bases floating round in op shop land, but I am yet to find the equivalent in shades. The Flashback Friday thing is getting huge, it's good to find another flasher!

Victoria said...

What's not to love about that lamp?! I get those sorts of remarks on my wednesday opshop trips too - "You're into this sort of thing arn't you?" in a tone of wonderment, "Do you still use these things?" is a tone of amazement.. etc. It adds to the experience, although a question asked in a more judgemental tone would be a bit harder to handle, for sure.