Monday, January 18, 2010

And Sew it Goes.....

A little baby set for a girlfriend's newest arrival, I found this fabric at the markets yonks ago, there wasn't much of it, just enough for a pair of bloomers and a softie. I'm sure this little softie is inspired by the movie 'Ponyo"!!

We've been a might bit busy of late. And when we are home the words 'Mum, Muuuum, Mum, Mum, Mum, Mum Mum, Muuuum, Muuuuuuuuuuuuum, Mum, Mum, Mum' permiate every corner of the house, oh the joy......

School goes back in a week and a bit, Little P starting Year 1, looking forward to the routine, but will have to set an alarm, as we've been indulging in some pretty delightful sleep-ins round here!

9 comments:

bec said...

It's the only thing I like doing at the momnet, sewing. I don't feel i've achieved anything in the day unless I have a finished something. Crazy, isn't it? And I hear you on the muuuuum front, mine's at holiday program a few days a week so I get a break! Instant siblings!

Bird Bath said...

the bloomers are very sweet, and yes I think you were chanelling a bit of Ponyo on the softie (I love all his movies, I think Totoro is still my very fave).

Katy said...

Ilove this! I'm a big Ponyo fan - it's very cute! I'm getting the muuummm thing as well - but madam doesn't go to school till the end of the year so I have it for a while still....

Rachael said...

Very cute - love those bloomers!

Lea said...

way too cute - I need some babies around to make things for again. it seems to have slowed around here.

victoria said...

I love the little Friend with her smiling face - saved it onto my computer inspiration file (hope that's ok - won't copy I promise!). Can't wait til the school holidays are over it is truly exhausting and to not hear "Mum mum mum mum" all day would be wonderful.

Claire (ethel loves fred) said...

I don't mind at all Victoria, it's a compliment!

small forest said...

I had the mum thing happening to the point that I shut myself in my room with a magazine today. They came in and woke me up after i had fallen asleep on top of it! I feel so much better after reading this. Oh and im really happy you decided to follow me, thanks. 6 followers... woo hoo

Sarah-Jo said...

ooo go Ponyo for inspiration!
love this baby set very cute!