Wednesday, July 16, 2008

1975 - Stamp from Israel

psychedelic arbor day stamp from israel 1975 Originally uploaded by Grain Edit.com

I'm playing this game, with Pip and Co.
Type a year into Flickr, then choose a photo from that year to post to your blog.

I'm really taken with this stamp, the colours, the design -I just love it, I do harbour a secret passion for stamps, I can really see why people become such avid collectors. Not only are they a great sign of the times, they are probably the smallest little art works in our lives. I really don't need to start collecting anything else, but I do have two little books full of Aussie stamps from the 60's and 70's, that I just couldn't bare to leave at the Oppy!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous! You gotta love seventies style, espcially on stamps!

I may have to join in the fun.

superminx said...

anything cool in your op shop stamp album? I'd love to see!

Sherrin said...

wow!! I LOVE that stamp!

Jodie said...

Such a great design - it would be a great mini quilt !

Bird Bath said...

I agree there's something special about the art in tiny stamp form...I'd love to see your aussie stamps too!

Bec @ honi design said...

I'm a closet stamp collector from way back!!
You're right - they really are like little artworks!

Suzy said...

Gorgeous stamp! If it was poster size it would look lovely on a wall.

http://www.floatingworldviews.com