Friday, June 29, 2007

Shirt/Dress
















This shirt started it's life in a shop in the mid 70's I'd say, who knows where it's been till I found it in Vinnies, still in it's packet with the original price tag. I loved the fabric, and thought it might fit Big D, but alas just a bit tight, so then I thought I would wear it as my round the house shirt ... but then I remembered hearing about a method of turning a men's shirt into a girls dress. In less than 2 hours, I had the perfect pini for P with buttons all down the back - see all those buttons? I didn't sew one of those suckers on! This was a long sleeve shirt, size 'M" (95cm chest the dress is a size 4) there is only one sleeve left, the other one was used for the straps, but there may be enough fabric in the sleeve for a belt. I like fact the the back yoke has become such a cute front. The only erksome part was unpicking the pocket, but I'm fairly deft with seem rippers, lots of practice in that department!

3 comments:

Linda said...

Ingenious.

Bowznstuff said...

ooo that is very very very cool!!!!! Love your blog :)
Cree

glorydaze said...

What a great idea! I am very imressed. I love the name of your blog by the way.
Megan