Wednesday, November 05, 2008

For The Tree ...

I've been making some deccies for the tree, these are last night's efforts, a cute way to show off some old embroidery and make use of scraps. As you know, I'm really not into minimalist Christmas Trees, the fuller the better for me, I also don't like seeing just one or two colours on a tree - too perfect, makes me nervous! I've some great shots of Halloween, but they are on the new camera and I haven't worked out how to download them yet, I'm slow with technology, but I get there in the end. We had a great time this year, there was a sense of community and all the kids dressed up and went off with the Dad's, whilst the Mum's has wine - win, win!

12 comments:

gemma @ loz and dinny said...

ooo I love the wee bird!

Cindy said...

Those deccies are so sweet, I have been inspired to out my Santa hat on.

tam said...

Very cute! They are adorable decorations!
~Tam

Amber said...

Oh I love them...

Sherrin said...

yay, these are great!

pen said...

i love the non-sparkly-ness of them. i want to steal your idea and make one each for the kids each year. it's these sort of decorations i want to see unpacked and used year after year long after i'm gone, not tinsel!!!

blackie said...

fabbo. make sure you show us the whole tree in all it's glory. i think i'm going to have to make a few myself

Cosy said...

Hi Claire

These look just lovely!

You've won my blog giveaway. Please drop me a line to arrange arrangements!

Carolyn x

Lexi:: PottyMouthMama said...

I'm with you - the more decos the better, and the more colours the better. Perfectly coloured schemes are a bit too perfect for me!

Victoria said...

I love these too. I hadn't thought of decorations like this as a way to sow off old embroideries - perfect and the original embroiderers would approve I'm sure.

Victoria said...

"show off" I mean, not "sow off" ..

Danielle said...

These are gorgeous! I hope you show us a pic of your decorated tree (I love them full and colourful too).