Saturday, December 08, 2007

IVF Ramble ..


As previously mentioned, Little P was conceived via IVF - it was a long haul - but we got there in the end! She turned 4 on Wednesday, I miss her baby days already!! Big D and I decided to try for one more at the beginning of this year, we had one frozen embryo from when we made P, so we had that transferred in January. It was the most bizarre experience, the embryo took, and then I miscarried, quite early on - then a follow up blood test revealed that the HCG hormone was present and growing at the rate of a pregnancy - a lost twin perhaps? Ultra sound showed nothing, HCG rose and rose, must be ectopic? Ultra sound still showing NOTHING, in the end I had to have a drug which is given to cancer patients, it kills off any dividing cells in the body - and still no sight of any embryo growing (ANYWHERE). It was thought that the unsighted ectopic was dangerous to me. Any way, we dusted ourselves off and decided to try a stimulated cycle again - to no avail. I said that would be it - but here we are again, eggs have been 'picked-up' one has fertilised and will be transferred on Monday - fingers crossed this one will work.


Photo is of Little P when she was one, you can just see her in her pram laughing!

19 comments:

Cathy said...

all my fingers and toes are crossed.

I know two couples who are doing the same thing right now.

It is worth it in the end.

Morag said...

My thoughts will be with you on Monday Claire. I hope your little embie will be sticky and stay put. I read a great comment the other day that has helped me - tough times don't last but tough people do.

Hyena In Petticoats said...

Good lord - phantom baby?

I hope the next lot works for you guys... my sister has just had a gorgeous girl after a round of IVf - it's a real bugger of a thing to have to go through....

Good luck!

xxx

Jade said...

Good luck for Monday....one of my friends was on the same early in the year and fortunately got one in the oven due within a few weeks from now. I'm crossing my fingers for you.

LBA said...

What a horrible confusing waiting that last cycle must have been for you both !

Good luck and sticky vibes on Monday !!

fi said...

i have everything crossed for you as well, your a brave chook good luck!

Sherrin said...

Good luck! I hope everything works out for you.

blackie said...

the lengths we will go to for a little bundle to cuddle eh? everything crossed for good news next time around. would love to see a little playmate for that cheeky face

Linda said...

Hope your hearts desires come true. Good luck.

Donna said...

Wow, think I will go and kiss the kids and remind myself of how lucky I am to have them and to have conceived them just by hubby hanging his undies on the end of the bed!!! Good luck Claire and crossing everything for you and hubby.

Anonymous said...

Oh Claire I am sending you rainbows and so hope that it all works this time......May the egg be cosy!

joanne said...

good luck claire - I ditto Morag x

emma said...

All the very best of luck Claire.
I'll be a-wishin' and a-hopin' for you!

Kirsty said...

Hope it all went to plan.

Victoria said...

Happy Birthday for the precious little one and best wishes to you for another one!

Unknown said...

you're in our thoughts xxx happy belated birthday to the big girl
xx ren

Kylie said...

Thinking and praying that you get your much wanted little one! Stay well!

marianne said...

wishing you the best of luck...hope it all comes good for you!

summer pickles said...

Hi Claire. Oh, your last cycle sounds terrible - it's the waiting and not knowing that is the worst I think.
This journey is such hard work. Our house has been very busy on this journey over the past eighteen months, but we are hoping that this one will be the one that sticks (now 14 weeks). We wish the same for you.
Hope the baby fairies sprinkle you with baby dust (we figure in this house that must be how it works!) xo