Monday, March 10, 2008

This is ... and more

... The view from our front door, clean-up day is coming, ergo the boxes over the road - must add some junk to the front of our house too! (thanks Brooke for this weeks's theme).
I just noticed Kabuki's tail in this photo, she has a way of sneaking into my photos!



..... a hand made gift for Miss P from our friend Lis, we love this, looks so cute in her room.


An old T.Shirt with some applique, much more wearable now - just needs another button sewn on. This was uber easy to do, I could have cleaned the toothpaste off the bathroom mirror in the time it took to sew this on! Martha Stewart I am not!



9 comments:

Bird Bath said...

Clever crafting with that top...Sewing is much more fun than cleaning. Is that leafy green a frangipani?-one of my favourite flowers.

joanne said...

do you know I think I have that top??? and I may just have to copy your great idea and spruce it up with a bit of applique!!!!

Maureen Reynolds said...

I think I spy bamboo too. Ah cats...they leave their traces when you least expect them.

I do like the idea of the appliqué; I have some shirts that are relegated to 'lesser use' since they have eating stains up top...from me!! not little ones. ;-p Good idea to test out my rusty decayed sewing skills.

boobook said...

Kabuki and Moca have something in common!

LBA said...

What a lush and gorgeous view you have !

Anonymous said...

This is a lovely entrance. It looks so inviting.the t-shirts are great.
thankyou for sharing/

ada sunday said...

Lovely top rejuvenation. My bathroom mirror always looks like that. Even when I try to clean it.

Bec @ honi design said...

oh I love that top!!! I have a real "thing" at the moment for stripes and floral prints together!!

jennyflowerblue said...

Hello! What a smashing top, I will be whipping up sufolk puffs to sprinkle all over my grease stained tops in just a mo! Cleaning the bathroom is the ultimate....'didn't I do that yesteray and look some b'stard spat at it within ten minutes' job. I just don't bother with those anymore. (I also don't clean the oven, skirting boards or the cutlery tray, but as I don't clean the windows either no one can really see!)