Saturday, October 16, 2010

spring in the city.

I don't think there's a prettier sight in the garden than
sweet peas growing!
These grew from seeds, and are so tall now.
I love the delicate, white flowers that form,
and then become a pea pod almost over night. I'm very much enjoying the garden at the moment.
It's the perfect time of year, we are all in need of a bit of rejuvenation!
It won't be long now before we have some
fat, ripe 'beetroop' (as Little P says) and tomatoes ready to eat.
I know it's a cliche, but things really do taste
better straight out of the ground, and it's so much
easier than going to the supermarket!

2 comments:

flossy-p said...

I would love a veggie garden. I fear my gardening skills would never live up to the challenge, and the giant grasshoppers at our place would beat us to any of the goodness.

Good on you though, looks and sounds delicious!

Bellgirl said...

OOoh yummy! I love making Risi e bisi, an easy cheesey pea risotto, but I can never resist eating the fresh peas straight from the pod. That's how I know I'm living the good life!