Saturday, November 07, 2009

Too Cool For Pool

A recent find at the Oppy, not one but two 1960's Paris Cafe prints.
I haven't cleaned them up yet, but will do and hang them as soon as I can find
an appropriate spot on a wall. I'm just a little bit in love with these prints,
any excuse to bring more kitch into the house!
Big D likes them, cause he's a big old Francophile,
so I didn't get the face, or the ambivalence with these,
thumbs up, wee wee!
'The Pool Dress'
This is my latest summer dress for little people.
Made with soft terry toweling and vintage voile print.
I made this one with terry that I had left over from my softies making
days, ergo the pink. I'm going to buy some other colours, thinking light aqua,
yellow and maybe a watermelon would be groovin. Fun and easy to make, perfect for throwing on
after a dip at the pool or a splash at the beach.

And a baby set, (singlet, dress, bloomers)
made for a friend whose little girl will be here
in a matter of weeks!

6 comments:

Rachael @Mogantosh said...

So pretty! I want one of those dresses. In watermelon.

Anonymous said...

such gorgeous outfits!! great idea to use the terry! I am LOVING those prints. I have a set of placements very similar to the prints that were mum's many moons ago

dorothybills..... said...

Dont you just love the oppy's, what a buzz! Great finds, the prints are gorgeous!

Beck said...

A trio of loveliness! Gorgeous pool dress, so sweet. And I love your prints - very snazzy xo

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

Those prints are too fabulous. Oh my.

Gorgeous outfits too.

prashant said...

such gorgeous outfits!
Make website india